Friday 30 September 2011

Night shots of Kuala Lumpur

While I still love my point and shoot, I can't help but marvel at what the E-PL2 can do. Take night shots for example. My husband and I took a few friends up to Hulu Langat for dinner and to enjoy the panoramic views of Kuala Lumpur at night. I only had my point and shoot and was playing around with its night scene and manual settings to get a good shot. After several tries, I captured this:

KL night scene. Shot with my Cana Ixus800 IS

I love this picture. I like the little tree that sticks it's head up in the corner as if its having a nice drink and enjoying the view. Then earlier this year I got my PL2, and this is the night shot that it came out with (I can't remember if I or a friend of mine took this photo. Probably her. She's much better at photography than I am):

Petronas Twin Towers in KL. Shot with E-PL2 with kit lense.

Noise? What noise? Maybe if you zoom in. Chromatic aberrations can be seen at the tip of the buildings. However, I'm just happy that I am now able to shoot higher quality pictures with less noise, even at night! 

No comments: